Friday 4 March 2016

Transportation

Well, this move has been contemplated for 18 months or so and finally it has happened.  A new Man of Leisure mobile has been acquired.  First new vehicle in 35 years - about time.  Always wanted a Subaru and figured the Outback would be the vehicle of choice, but decided on the Crosstrek as the $10-$15K lower price tag was more to my liking.

So far (one day of testing) so good!  Getting a hitch installed as part of the deal and will get a Yakima Skybox for gear.


I also have been hiding out in the basement since Xmas, employing a different mode of transportation.  Definitely more economical, but don't seem to get anywhere too quick.  The gains in fitness from following "Fast After Fifty" book by Joe Friel, are noticeable.  But need to do another FTP test, likely in the next few days, to actually measure the fitness gains.  I have to put in the hard efforts now, so i can stay in touch with the crew from Saskatoon, when we head to Penticton in late April.


Well, that's all folks.  Enjoy whatever shenanigans you are up to!

PS - I can finally say that my car is worth more than my bikes!  Been a while!

No comments: